Hi Drew,

drew schrieb:
Hi,

The folks at the OO.o user community forum will be adding a sub-page for
LibreOffice under the Setup and Troubleshooting section.

Currently that section is  split along OS lines only - you can see that
here:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewforum.php?f=6

So an icon, 32x32 px, for LibreOfficce - any reason not to use the
standard contemporary document icon?

I'd rather use the main LibreOffice application icon, as this has been pixel-adjusted for 32x32 px.

I assume you have it already extracted from the source [1].

If not I'll use this png file as such:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Libo-list-icon.png

But the differences are not too large, so you might use this one too.

I know that I don't need to tell you, but can you have an eye on the whitespace around the icon when it is integrated in this menu? Perhaps it would be necessary to use a smaller symbol in order to follow the guidelines.

And I don't know about the licenses on the OOo wiki, if there is a way to attach the license(s) to the icon if the wiki doesn't use one of our licenses.

But in general I don't see any reason not to use the document symbol / main application icon for reference to LibreOffice.

Best regards

Bernhard