Hi Kendy, all,

I already spent a few thoughts on this great idea...

Jan Holesovsky schrieb:
Hi,

For the marketing of 3.4.0, and to visually stress the meaning of

http://blog.documentfoundation.org/2011/05/13/announcing-a-new-beta-release/

we would need a design of an 'adopt-o-meter' for the download page, a
kind of 'meter' that shows for which group is the version ideal: "early
adopters", "home users", "corporate users".  This would be next to the
download links on the http://www.libreoffice.org/download/ ; for 3.3.2,
indicator would point to "corporate users", for 3.4.0, it would point to
"early adopters".

 From the graphical point of view, I see it similar to

http://www.hsvutil.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/meter.jpg
http://hydrogenwaterfuel.com/cart/images/uploads/HF_50_amp_meter.gif
http://www.yokogawa-usa.com/yokogawa/Analog%20Panel%
20Meters/StylistMeter.JPG

[randomly found by google]

While I started with a meter, I went over just to colored areas because I began to implement not only the existing versions, but our future releases as well as daily/nightly builds and Beta versions.

without any numbers, just with color areas, with "early adopters" on the
left, "home users" in the middle, and "corporate users" on the right.  I
would prefer to avoid red color for any of these; none means a "danger".
But - corporate users should be green ;-)  The description of the
'adopt-o-meter' should be something like "Ideal for".

I would like to ask you for 3 versions, each one with the indicator
pointing to the different group.

This would be a very good idea as visual approach for the different groups.

My idea goes the other way round: People interested in downloading should not be handled as part of a certain group (early adopters, home users, corporate users), but everybody should find his/her own position in the graphic and pick the version next to this position.

Anybody here who would be willing to design such a thing? ;-)

It's not at all a final design - not even a mockup.

It's just a visual brainstorming:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Adapt-o-meter.png

Please join in and post your thoughts and ideas!

Best regards

Bernhard