Hi,

Am 09.11.2011 22:38, schrieb Christoph Noack:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> it seems that more and more Christoph.*'s are subscribed to this
> list ;-)
>

> Am Mittwoch, den 09.11.2011, 13:04 +0100 schrieb Christopher Stark:
>> I would like to make some suggestions for an Adroid UI of LibreOffice:
>> http://www.christopherstark.de/extern/LO-Android/Android_LO.html
> Christopher, thank you! You've presented your thoughts very nicely ...
> easy to grasp, easy to understand and you've covered lots of cases. That
> makes it also easy for me to ask further questions - may I? :-)
Thanks (and thanks to Vitorio for the nice feedback).
Sure.

> My main question is what kind of Android device you had in mind when
> creating the images - a smartphone (small screen), or tablet (medium
> size screen)? To me, it is a bit hard to guess.

Mainly regular smartphones (such as the Samsung Galaxy S with 10,16
cm/4" display). I think it would make sense for a mobile Libreoffice to
start with the biggest android-segment which has the most users.
On the other hand one can ask the question if  users would use a
complete office suite like this on their phones. I don't really know. I
would if I had a document I had to edit while no desktop computer would
be around.
This libreoffice would probably become the main/most installed
office-app running on a very important  operating system of the next
years (strategically maybe /the/ most important) .

> My next question is what Android version you've designed for ...
> assuming that you've picked on recent version (its always so hard to
> predict how Android 2013 will look and behave like). Each of the
> versions do have different "preferred" UI elements like the Action Bar
> incl. the Overflow Menu and stuff. Or, also valid, do you propose to
> create a UI from scratch?

I'm not a programmer just an open-source enthusiast and Android user.
Are the UI elements really that far apart between the android versions?
How do other app-projects deal with this? Would it be so complicated to
design individual UI elements? For me as non-computer scientist
designing these  UI elements seems simple.

> Last question - I've noticed that you've preserved all functionality
> (again: assumption on my side). Is that correct? Do you think some
> functionality should be hidden / removed for Tablets/Smartphones?

I included all functions my user type would probably need (except for
maybe table of contents and chapter numbering). But many aspects I
included are very general - such as menu bars, choosing fonts and styles
scrolling within a document and so on.
I'm not sure if functions should be hidden. I think no - because users
who only need a document *reader* would simply use apps like the
'OpenOffice Document Reader'.

>> Maybe I can put this into the LO-Wiki, but I'm not sure if that works
>> with regular html-code...
> Well, regular html-code can be embedded, but then you (or we) loose some
> of the nice editing capabilities. Does anyone know if HTML can easily
> converted to WikiMedia source?
>
> Bye,
> Christoph

best regards