Hi Stefan, Christophe, *

I now scaled the icons properly and payed attention to the pixel grid:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Alexander_Wilms

Regarding the extension icon: I don't know why I turned the puzzle piece
around, but now its orientated as before and I use the colors Christophe
suggested.

Do you think they are polished enough for inclusion?

Kind Regards

Alex

---- On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 17:00:02 +0100 Christophe Strobbe
<christophe.stro...@esat.kuleuven.be> wrote ----

Hi Stefan, All,

At 22:25 16-12-2011, Stefan Knorr (Astron) wrote:
>Hi Alex, all,
>
>there are new icons in the Start Center now, but only on Master (i. e.
>what will be 3.6).
>

> > http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Alexander_Wilms#Stuff
> >
> > The folder icon is pretty much the same as Stefans. I am still
> wondering whether the small template icon would be too hard to recognize.
>
>(...)
>A few remarks about your Add Extensions icon: first, purple does seem
>to work out (unlike brown, which I've checked [1]) [2], but turning
>the puzzle piece on the head doesn't work at all, sorry, the relation
>to the TDF document icon is completely lost there.

With regard to the contrast in the extensions icon: unfortunately,
the contrast between the brown and green [1] is lower than the
contrast between the blue and green from the previous version [3],
even though the green seems somewhat lighter now (due to the addition
of a lighter border with #8AE234 inside the dark green outer border
of the arrow). This new shade of light green (#8AE234) has a contrast
ratio of 4:1 with the #0058C2 blue, so unless you find a darker shade
of blue for the jigsaw piece and/or a slightly lighter shade of green
for the arrow (e.g. #8AE234 or something lighter for the whole
surface inside the dark green border) I would use the #8AE234 on
#0058C2 combination.

Best regards,

Christophe

[3] <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/2/2c/Icons.svg>