On 02/04/2012 16:10, Mirek M. wrote:
2012/4/2 Jonathan Aquilina<eagles051...@gmail.com>

I just got an email from Charles about you guys working on android
specifications for what you would like in the UI. I have been communicating
with Tor on the developers list as to how to go about getting what I have
so far integrated into version control.

Tor suggested we start with getting a UI together that works with MIME
types to be able to open the files. Is this a good way to start? I have
installed thinkfree office on my device so I have a clearer understanding
of what I would need to do to move forward with reading files.

Are the specifications listed anywhere so I can start following them?

Hi Jonathan,
You mean the file manager, right?
No specs yet, though I started a whiteboard for this purpose [1]. It's not
tablet-only, since a file manager would be helpful for the desktop version
as well (especially since LibO is slowly getting into collaboration). It'd
be helpful to know the scope from a development perspective. For example,
should the design consider synchronization features (e.g.
sync/collaboration for Google Docs) or is it too early for that?

A while ago I made a mockup for what a file browser could look like on a
tablet [2] -- maybe that could be of use to you?

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/File_Manager
[2] http://clickortap.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/files1.png

Hey Mirek

I already started with my own cocept of the start center which is available on the pc versions, I am not sure if thats necessary or not.

Do you think that would be a feature users would like?