Hi Andreas,

Andreas Mantke wrote on 12-12-15 19:16:

> Due to some issues with the usability of the current website I decided
> to work on two new add-ons for the website to solve this issues a time
> ago. I worked on that add-ons a lot in my  spare time and finished a
> version for Plone 4.3 around the LibreOffice conference in Aarhus. This
> add-on versions used five.grok. But this add-on package will not be
> actively supported with the current version of Plone, Plone 5.0. Thus I
> decided to review my add-ons and drop the five.grok dependency. This
> made it necessary to create a lot of changes to the add-ons and nearly
> start from scratch. I got a new beta-version of them out now (after some
> weeks of work during my spare time).

Looking at these issues, and the fact that you repeatedly emphasize that
you do the work in your free time, I would suggest you to ask the board
to support the work, so that the most can be done in a project by
someone having normal time to do it. And that your, of course fully
understandable limited availability, is no longer a bottle neck. The
site is important enough for such a move, IMO.

> I created a new test website, that runs on a new shiny Plone 5.0:
> http://vm141.documentfoundation.org:9103/loexttem5/en/extensions

Thanks for that, of course :)
Few remarks:
1) I was thinking about advantage when the split
    Home | Extensions | Templates
is removed. Extensions are the landing page, for what the very vast
majority comes to the site.
A clear Instructions somewhere will be OK for people.

2) The search top-right is fine, but it is not clear that that is the
way to search for an extension..

3) Nearly two years ago we made a functional design for some pages.
Can you give an update (wiki?) on the status of the current work in
relation to that design?

Thanks a lot,
Cor

--