Hi Christophe,

cool - thanks for the first check! And, before I continue: HDM? Then it
should easily be possible to meet some day :-)

Am Montag, den 25.01.2016, 16:18 +0100 schrieb Christophe Strobbe:
> On 23/01/2016 23:45, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> > On Saturday, 23 January 2016 23:02:34 CET Christoph Noack wrote:
> > > What are your initial thoughts, pros, cons, or ideas? I would
> > > really
> > > appreciate your feedback - and your questions. And, if needed,
> > > I'll set
> > > up a dedicated whiteboard for that topic ...?Thanks!
[...]
> There are contrast issues in some of the logos at
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/2/25/LibreOffice_LogoImpr
> ovements2016_Ideation.png>.
> (The criterion is use for contrast comes from Success Criterion 1.4.3
> in
> the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0:
> <https://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/#visual-audio-contras
> t-contrast>.
> I used the Colour Contrast Analyser from
> <https://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/contrastanalyser/> to check
> the
> contrast.)

Thanks! In the past I've used The Gimp for checking against e.g. color
blindness issues (e.g. for the Writer's notes colors) - I didn't check
color contrast yet. So I did a quick search but wasn't able to find a
suitable tool for Linux (Gnome) - just a few websites implementing the
algorithm. Do you have any hint what tool might just work for my
environment?

> For example, in the logos above the first horizontal line:
> * in the logo with the green background, the contrast varies on where
> you check (due to the gradient):
> ** close to the "L": #FFFFFF on #36B923: contrast ratio of 2.59 to 1
> ** close to the other end of the name: #FFFFFF on #18A203: contrast
> ratio of 3.38 to 1
> * in the logo with the grey background, the contrast is OK: #FFFFFF
> on
> #666666: contrast ratio of 5.74 to 1

Again, thanks for the hints. I will consider that for the next
iteration.

> The green letters on a white background also have insufficient
> contrast.

Do you refer to the colored version of the LibreOffice logo (dark gray
/ green)?

Cheers,
Christoph