SOC palettes get copied into the LibreOffice installation root into the
share/palette directory.

Once placed there they are available in the UI.

From: toki <toki.kant...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2016 6:01 PM
To: design@global.libreoffice.org
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Blog post about color palettes

On 12/13/2016 06:20 PM, Heiko Tietze wrote:

> heavy discussion here and there about the color palettes. I drafted a
> blog post with what has changed for 5.3 (workflow, added/deleted

What I'm not seeing in that document, is the directory to which
additional palettes can be added.

On a slightly different note, the ability to use a different palette at
">Tools >Options >Charts >Default Colors" does not appear to be present.
 :( The majority of charts I create require specific colours to
represent specific values.

jonathon