I cannot disagree more. In Italy, most enterprises and every public
administration are using Microsoft Access, and this represents a problem
when they have to migrate to LibreOffice (as Base is not seen as a good
replacement for Microsoft Access, because is missing the scripting feature).

On 10/02/2019 10:56, Pedro Rosmaninho wrote:
> Just to mention that Microsoft Access (the equivalent to Base) is barely
> used in the professional world.
> Usually companies use Excel and connect it to MySQL or apps like PowerBI
> depending on the purpose.
>
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 9:40 AM Heiko Tietze <tietze.he...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> While the idea of the Notebookbar is exactly this, to provide completely
>> different UIs, I doubt we can make Base "a variant of Calc“. But you are
>> very welcome to draft the idea or implement yourself (should be possible
>> for everyone who uses mailing lists).
>>
>>> Am 07.02.2019 um 21:26 schrieb Miguel Mayol <mitc...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> I had today a idea i think is a very good one:
>>>
>>> One interface option - better if it is the default one - in LO BASE
>> equal to the CALC one
>>>
>>> The reason is that people are using EXCEL for databases
>>> because they do not know
>>> because they have the cheaper version of MSO without Access
>>> and because they think it is "easier"
>>>
>>> Doing this and a promo viral video that shows that it is
>>> - as easy as a spreadsheet to insert  and show data
>>> - and as powerful as a database to deal with it,
>>> especially addressed to university professors and PhD students, probably
>> would increase a lot the use of BASE in substitution of MS Excel for
>> managing databases, and the use of other components of LibreOffice.
>>>
>>> I went to bugzilla, but I was not able to log in, so sorry, but as I
>> only collaborate with suggestions, I did not want this one that I think is
>> great, and probably very easy to implement, to pass by.
>>>
>>> I remembered an old database named FileMaker that  was very easy to use
>> because it had a interface near to what a spreadsheet is.
>>

>> --

Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
email italo.vign...@documentfoundation.org
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - skype italovignoli
hangout/jabber italo.vign...@gmail.com
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0