Hi Christina,

you are very welcome at LibreOffice. We have tons of getting started
information on our wiki [1]. Most relevant might be how to communicate. Find
the "Get in Contact" section- Telegram is used by most of us. So after getting
introduced yourself, feel free to ask any question, join the weekly meetings,
or just do some work.

Looking forward your contributions,
Heiko (UX mentor)

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design