Dear Paul,

12 дек. 2019 г. 17:30 пользователь paul hofseth <p...@hofseth.co> написал:

Sirs,

please do not waste scarce coding resources on thoroughly trivial
matters like colours and signage, but rather on making the programs more
practical to use -  such as for instance having the choice of typeface
as a sdeparate item, not hidden inside the multiple format choices.
Risking ostracism fro monotounous suggestions, I repeat my wish for
sequential views of single pages with as little jumbling as possible of
text and illsustrations when proofreading long documents

Please do not waste scarce coding resources on thoroughly trivial
matters like telling others what to do, but rather on making the programs more
practical to use!

Why do I write this rather harsh statement? Not in the hope that you would
start doing what I wrote, but to show you one important aspect that you seem to
overlook. What would you do if you actually be denied of a way to contribute by
expressing your opinions and wishes, and demanded to do something entirely
different for the project? For most, such requirement would not mean they
started contributing differently; that would mean they stopped contributing at
all. Most people here contribute for one of two reasons: either being paid for
the work by their employers/customers, or doing things they *can* for own
enjoyment. Not everyone here likes or is able to do what you'd want them to do
to fix your pet bug; and your expectation that if you deny someone of doing
what *you* consider "trivial" would free the resources for a different task,
are just plain wrong: instead of improving the areas you are interested in, we
would simply loose those who love and able to contribute in areas *others* are
interested in, nothing else.

By the way, I actually deem the importance of *your* contriburion (expressing
your opinion about LibreOffice and its future, feeling for it, and proposing
something) wery high. So please don't take the initial statement seriously, but
just as a way to illustrate my point.

Best regards,

Mike Kaganski