On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Jonathan Roberts <robertsthebr...@gmail.com> wrote:
How does the math work by the way? I assumed it was exponential until now...

https://snowdrift.coop/p/snowdrift/w/en/mechanism

You pledge X per other patron.

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 9:56 AM, Jonathan Roberts <robertsthebr...@gmail.com> wrote:
The math is unclear to me as well. I think it needs to be clear to the average viewer.

I think Aaron's suggestion would be more clear as well. You could have a link on the page that goes to a page that explains the equation thoroughly for those who want it.

Related question. How are we handling transfer fees for such small amounts of money?

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:55 AM, Aaron Wolf <aa...@snowdrift.coop> wrote:

On 10/18/2015 12:47 AM, Jacob Chapman wrote:
> https://img.bi/#/RCmUlLW!XJcF_0gW1TKIEhMR59pFJQwpVPv_6YwlrJSRHI8n
>
> We really need to emphasize the matching aspect of pledges to encourage
> patrons to pledge.

I agree, but I think the best presentation says basically, "at this
time, you will add X, and the project will get Y more from everyone else in matching" or something to that effect, emphasizing the cost to you and the amount of matching more than just the total, although the total
is worth showing too.

I think the squared symbol is a bit confusing, we don't want to present it that way, and it's not how it works either. The matching is quadratic
not exponential.

> Also I suggest we use /mo rather than /mth.

Agreed, the site itself uses "mo" currently, although the design mockup
is different.

Aaron Wolf Snowdrift.coop <https://snowdrift.coop>