On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 12:18:32PM +0100, Robert Martinez (mray) wrote:
> We need to find a proper home for design related materials. Now.

Aha, I was not aware of the priority of this! Good to know.

> While software & maintenance are no problem bandwidth and storage
> persistence are.

Actually, the only real bottleneck is system administrator
person-hours. That doesn't affect your line of reasoning much,
however.

> My inital hope to get a seafile server running for us on a reliable
> machine seems unrealistic. Our server is overburdened already and
> gnu.io offered to host code, not art ;) So my suggestion is to use
> Github as our workhorse to take care of the heavy file lifting.
>
> The plan is to create an Github "organization" to manage access rights
> and flood it with binary commits via sparkleshare.
>
> Any thoughts?

Personally, I am fine with this decision. *IF* we could find someone
to volunteer administrating an OwnCloud server, it would be a simple
task for me to set up access to an S3 bucket. Otherwise, you gotta do
what you gotta do.

> @Aaron: even though "open source" projects pay 0$ we still need to
> provide an organizational email account - would it be ok to point to
> i...@snowdrift.coop?

We do have a few organizational accounts, but tbh I'm not sure what
they are, so I'll let this question stand.