On February 2, 2016 12:48:18 PM EST, Aaron Wolf <aa...@snowdrift.coop> wrote:
>On 02/02/2016 09:37 AM, Bryan Richter wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 09:13:51AM -0800, Aaron Wolf wrote:
>>>
>>> So, again, moving to Gitit would be ideal
>>
>> FWIW I think we should try to avoid talking about implementation
>> details when deciding on design and vision questions. Tech is
>> important to design inasmuch as it sets the boundaries of
>possibility,
>> but actual tech decisions should only truly follow design decisions.
>>

>Okay, the design proposal I'm asking for here is that we indeed have a
>Git-backed wiki as integrated in the site as we can.

This is only a decision to make if we decide a wiki is the best form for this
information.

>My concern in this case is that I think to avoid extra formalities, and
>the practical existence of the Gitit codebase, I'm pushing toward
>actually accepting the pros/cons/limitations of Gitit for now. In other
>words, I want the decision to be that we work with what's available
>realistically and go with that and adapt it.
>
>So, let's not discuss further here, the issue is to make decisions via
>the new process of user stories and sorting priorities in OpenProject.
>That said, I think sometimes there's value in saying, "let's not spend
>time designing our optimal process, let's use Gitit as an existing base
>and just make the most of it." because sometimes we need to accept a
>path that works and go forward rather than deliberate on every case.
>And
>this is one where I'm proposing a specific path because it seems
>practical enough and adaptable to the overall design vision, even if
>that's not totally finalized. Still, I know that even that path will go
>better when we understand the priorities more clearly.

I agree, let's table the discussion for the moment. I also agree it seems
reasonable that we would end up using Gitit in some form or another. We can
figure out the details when we have a better idea of what we want from the
system, from the user story work in OpenProject.