On 08/09/2016 10:42 AM, Bryan Richter wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 10:09:47AM -0600, Michael Siepmann wrote:
>> On 08/09/2016 07:23 AM, Stephen Michel wrote:
>>
>>> <snip>
>>> I agree with Michael here, but there is a limit. Imagine a user
>>> who pledges to many projects which are then suspended as they
>>> grow, but who is also lazy  and leaves the pledges suspended
>>> rather than dropping them. Their history could become bloated with
>>> (imo) useless information as the months run by.
>>>
>>> I think the proper place to tackle this is: if a user has not
>>> reinstated a suspended pledge within 3 (?) months, it should be
>>> automatically dropped. Apologies if we've already had this
>>> conversation; I do remember talking about it but not this
>>> particular facet, and mobile makes it hard to go back and check.
>>
>> This seems like a good idea to me.  I think we should notify them
>> with some reasonable notice, e.g. a brief email 2 weeks before it
>> will be dropped.  Also they'll of course have been notified when it
>> was initially auto-suspended.  (In both cases they might be able to
>> opt out of these notifications, but I certainly think the default
>> should be to be notified of these situations.)
>
> Truly, this question was discussed to death some time ago. :P Sadly I
> don't recall what the outcome was.
>
> Aaron, maybe you remember?

We never discussed anything about the situation of suspended pledges
getting eventually fully dropped.

For notifications about suspensions, we decided that notification of
suspension itself is adequate along with a regular status-update
notification (regardless of suspension) so that people are aware of
progress overall. Mostly the decision was to have the absolutely
necessary notifications first, later add optional extra notifications,
basically iterateā€¦