On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 5:22 PM, Aaron Wolf <aa...@snowdrift.coop> wrote:
On 08/12/2016 01:58 PM, Michael Siepmann wrote:
Here's a rough-around-the-edges modification of mray's mockup with the
 kind of information and structure I'm arguing for:

 http://snowdrift.sylphs.net/f/7949e02830/?raw=1

My biggest concern is "carried over from last month" could give the
impression that we *do* charge more than the limit for a month, like if the limit is $10 and the crowdmatching gets to $12, we carry over $2 to the next month. Of course, that's not what we're proposing. But I think it needs to be clear that the carry over is only from charges too small
to be worth it given fees.

I'm not sure how to make that clear, but the point is that the
carry-over is only ever funds that could have been charged earlier but
we delayed them to minimize fees.

The "to next month" parts get this, but the first thing I saw was "from
last month" and there it wasn't clear.

In June of the mockup, it shows a scenario where $pledge + $fees > $limit. This would allow someone to accrue a running balance that will never be paid off, and violates our "no more than $limit per month" rule. I don't think that should ever happen; in that scenario the pledge should become suspended.

However, that is not related to how we present the information on this page.