On 11/25/2016 01:28 AM, J.wuensch wrote:
> "This public goods problem can also apply to music, software, movies,
> news, research, and so on…"
>
> I'm with mray. I think it would be good to put "free" in there. Because
> that's what snowdrift.coop is all about. To support the people that
> create stuff which is freely available to everyone. Like the sentence is
> now, the "public" is clearly related to the "problem" and not
> necessarily to music, software and so on... Of course one can make that
> connection, but it's not said, that everyone will get it that quick. I
> mean maybe they never had anything to do with this stuff and hear all
> that for the first time.
> I just think it's important to emphasize what we want to support. Yes,
> the word "free" can be a bit confusing, but as you already said, it gets
> further explained on the homepage, so I think it's ok to go here with
> "free".  Maybe even mention the support for the creators and the
> distribution on the supporters, because that's essentially what this
> platform is going to organize. I've done it with two questions that
> should help to make it not too abstract. We should keep in mind that
> none of the people out there has ever heard crowdmatching and thus it's
> kind of abstract. I remember when I first stumbled across snowdrift.coop
> there was that word crowdmatching and I didn't really get what it was
> about. I took me a while to get the concept.
>
> So here is my suggestion. It's a bit longer but for me it's important
> and I think it's worth the extra seconds:
>
> This public goods problem can also apply to freely available music,
> software, movies,
> news, research, and so on…  But how to support those creators in a
> sustainable way? And how do we fairly distribute the donations across
> the supporters?
>
> That's why we developed....
>
> So that's my feedback. All in all I like it! Good Job Aron!

I like the idea, but I still lean against putting in these qualifiers
into the script. I'm just not going to be happy with the partial,
inadequate clarification. And we're definitely going to go over the 45
second mark with those extra questions. I think that has to wait for a
longer video.

Maybe the visuals can help? We could put the text "free/libre/open" and
creative-commons logos and GNU logos and such in the video when we talk
about the categories of public goods… thoughts?