Public bug reported:
To work around broken servers which assume that the name parameter
should come last when there is a file name present in the Content-Type
header (and the server does not use the Content-Disposition header), the
name parameter should come last. For example:
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename=CheckpointTextPrintingProgramTrausch1.java
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Type: text/x-java; name=CheckpointTextPrintingProgramTrausch1.java;
charset=UTF-8
Should really be:
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename=CheckpointTextPrintingProgramTrausch1.java
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Type: text/x-java; charset=UTF-8;
name=CheckpointTextPrintingProgramTrausch1.java
In the case of this particular attachment, the message was processed
improperly by the server and came back with:
Content-Type: text/x-java; name="CheckpointTextPrintingProgramTrausch1.java;
charset=UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="CheckpointTextPrintingProgramTrausch1.java; charset=UTF-8"
This is, in particular, to work around a bug in the NNTP gateway in the
Jive Forums software. There may be other server-side implementations
which make this dangerous assumption, though, as well, and it would be
well to work around those, too.
I cannot find where in the Evolution sources to make this change,
because I don’t know C that well, and I have a hard time trying to
figure out what any component of the rather large source base is doing
at any single point. I would be submitting a patch if I could figure
out where to fix the problem.
** Affects: evolution (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
--
name parameter for content-type for attachments should be last
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/194642
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to evolution in ubuntu.
--
desktop-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs