Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: file-roller

I normally receive files created from Windows Systems, with WinZip.
These files can be named with spanish characters 'áéíóúÑñ' (vowels
acuted, double n).

When I open these files with file-roller, I don't see the correct file
names (the extended character have been changed for other - for example,
'Día' (day in spanish, with i-acuted) is changed to D6a.

If I extract these files, I get the incorrect names also.

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
Date: Mon May 19 19:06:35 2008
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 8.04
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/file-roller
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
Package: file-roller 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
PackageArchitecture: i386
ProcEnviron:
 PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
 LANG=es_ES.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: file-roller
Uname: Linux 2.6.24-16-generic i686

** Affects: file-roller (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: apport-bug

-- 
Files with extended (spanish) characters in the name
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/231988
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to file-roller in ubuntu.

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

Reply via email to