Public bug reported:

Binary package hint: file-roller

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu is tricky! You must know that.
Otherwise you risk to loose all your bug report writings in a blink of
an eye... just as I did.

Anyway, the problem is that if you try to compress a folder that
contains a link to itself the archive manager goes in some sort of
recursive compression and compress and compress... the same folder over
and over again. Hopefully after some iterations it stops (don't know the
exact account of the iterations). Then you have a huge archive
containing the same folder many, many times. I used the UI and does not
try the archive in the console. After a small searching in the net I
didn't find such an issue that's why I posted it in here. Probably this
is a minor issue, but it will be good if you fix it.

Regards,
Ruslan Filipov

ProblemType: Bug
Architecture: i386
Date: Tue Aug 10 10:11:54 2010
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/file-roller
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release i386 (20091028.5)
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
Package: file-roller 2.28.1-0ubuntu1
ProcEnviron:
 SHELL=/bin/bash
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-22.61-generic
SourcePackage: file-roller
Uname: Linux 2.6.31-22-generic i686

** Affects: file-roller (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: apport-bug i386

-- 
Recursive (archive) compression if the folder contains a link to itself.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/615730
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to file-roller in ubuntu.

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

Reply via email to