Public bug reported: I have a fresh Ubuntu 11.10 installation. If I try to create a metacontact nothing happens (besides the metacontact creation window closes).e The contacts are still separate. Of course I would expect, that a new metacontact was created.
I' pretty sure that this worked on my old computer where I updated to Ubuntu 11.10. Obviously I'm not the only one who is affected by this bug: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11498961 --- ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4 Architecture: amd64 DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10 EcryptfsInUse: Yes InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release amd64 (20111012) NonfreeKernelModules: wl fglrx Package: empathy 3.2.0.1-0ubuntu1.1 PackageArchitecture: amd64 ProcEnviron: PATH=(custom, no user) LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 SHELL=/bin/bash ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-14.23-generic 3.0.9 Tags: oneiric Uname: Linux 3.0.0-14-generic x86_64 UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install) UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare ** Affects: empathy (Ubuntu) Importance: Undecided Status: New ** Tags: apport-collected oneiric ** Tags added: apport-collected oneiric ** Description changed: I have a fresh Ubuntu 11.10 installation. If I try to create a metacontact nothing happens (besides the metacontact creation window closes).e The contacts are still separate. Of course I would expect, that a new metacontact was created. I' pretty sure that this worked on my old computer where I updated to Ubuntu 11.10. - Obviously I'm not the only one who is affected by this bug: - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11498961 + Obviously I'm not the only one who is affected by this bug: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11498961 + --- + ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4 + Architecture: amd64 + DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10 + EcryptfsInUse: Yes + InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot" - Release amd64 (20111012) + NonfreeKernelModules: wl fglrx + Package: empathy 3.2.0.1-0ubuntu1.1 + PackageArchitecture: amd64 + ProcEnviron: + PATH=(custom, no user) + LANG=de_DE.UTF-8 + SHELL=/bin/bash + ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-14.23-generic 3.0.9 + Tags: oneiric + Uname: Linux 3.0.0-14-generic x86_64 + UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install) + UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to empathy in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/902792 Title: Creating metacontacts does not work To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/empathy/+bug/902792/+subscriptions -- desktop-bugs mailing list [email protected] https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs
