Public bug reported:
This has been happening for a long time - I think more than a year.
My music collection is on a USB external hard drive. Every time I use
Rhythmbox, I always update some information in the ID3 tags of my music
collection. I also add new music once in a while, or I use MusicBrainz
Picard to correct the tags for one or more albums at a time.
The problem is that when I add new music to the nominated storage
location, the music does not appear in the library within Rhythmbox.
I have left the application for up to 12 hours (or more) and the tracks
have still not appeared.
Yesterday I managed to trick the application into showing the tags by
moving albums from the existing music library to another location with
the new albums, and then moving the whole lot back, and then moving the
new albums to the correct artist. Unfortunately, although they appear in
the library, they are of course in the wrong location and are seen by
Rhythmbox as 'missing files'.
1) The release of Ubuntu you are using, via 'lsb_release -rd' or System
-> About Ubuntu
11.10
2) The version of the package you are using, via 'apt-cache policy
pkgname' or by checking in Software Center
2.90.1
3) What you expected to happen
New or retagged music to appear in music library
4) What happened instead
It does not appear
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
Package: rhythmbox 2.90.1~20110908-0ubuntu1.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-14.23-generic 3.0.9
Uname: Linux 3.0.0-14-generic i686
ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
Architecture: i386
Date: Sat Jan 21 07:23:58 2012
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/rhythmbox
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" - Release i386 (20101007)
SourcePackage: rhythmbox
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2011-11-13 (68 days ago)
** Affects: rhythmbox (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Tags: apport-bug apport-lpi i386 oneiric running-unity
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/919418
Title:
Doesn't add new tracks to music library (music stored on external USB
hard drive)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/919418/+subscriptions
--
desktop-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs