On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 15:52 +0200, Kai Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope I picked the right list to ask. If I add StartupNotify=true to
> the .desktop file of a Non-GNOME/GTK application could this lead to
> problems?

StartupNotify=true means "this application supports the startup
notification protocol"

If you set it to true and don't support the protocol correctly, then yes
it will lead to problems.

> I read the startup-notification-0.1.txt. If I set StartupNotify=true
> then the application sends a "remove" message which ends the startup
> sequence. The application in question does this not, nevertheless it
> works: the "Starting bla" and the waiting mouse pointer dissapear when
> the application is started.
>
> Who sends the "remove" message?

I think opening a window with the correct startup ID also works (iirc, I
haven't looked at this in a really long time though)

Havoc