Hi Davyd,

Le mardi 07 février 2006 à 12:06 +0800, Davyd Madeley a écrit :
> Has the official list of what's in and what's out been given for
> GNOME 2.14 yet?
>
> Several contentious modules have been proposed for inclusion and
> several version holds have also been requested by people.
>
> The release notes (and assumedly vendors) are blocking on this
> information.

So, we (the release team) seriously sucked on this. We're having a
meeting on Friday to take some decisions.

Here's the new modules that are in:

  + pyorbit
  + deskbar-applet
  + fast-user-switch-applet
  + gnome-python-desktop
  + gnome-screensaver (if it does not depend on gnome-power-manager)
  + pessulus (admin suite)
  + sabayon (admin suite)

Here's the list of modules that are waiting for a decision:

  + libnotify & notification-daemon
    => depends on libsexy. What should we do about it? Add it to the
       desktop set? Say it's a blessed dependency? Don't accept it?

  + gnome-power-manager
    => there was some opposition, and there's also some duplicate
       functionality (eg, the battery icon in the notification area vs
       the battery applet). We can accept it now, or say it's better to
       wait 2.16, eg.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.