> > Ubuntu, Gentoo, and the other distros should come with a music editor,
> > a video editor, and everything else. The discussion here I believe is what
> > should be made part of the basic gnome distribution, and I think that
> > music/video editors might not qualify.
>
> That's exactly what I meant. Windows starting to be shipped (well,
> starting...) with everything but the kitchen sink, and I hate that too.

Ubuntu would come with a video editor in your setup...and you don't
even *HAVE* a camera...

> I don't even *have* a camera, why would I need a video editor???

If you want to leave it all up to the distros then what is the point
of there even being a gnome desktop release? Why should we have any of
the applications in gnome?

Why do we feel we are able to "bless" a terminal program and a text
editor and a clock, but unable to do the same to a video editor or an
audio editor?

You ask:
> The question that I'm asking, and which we should be asking ourselves
> is, does gnome really need to endorse everything and the kitchen sink in
> order to become successfull?

Why do we need to bless anything, if the distros are going to do
whatever they like?