On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 16:43, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
[...]
> So, one thing that has been on my mind for long is to get those small
> libraries and merge them together
[...]
> When the library grows, we could separate it into different .so's

Don't do that (the separation). If you merge the different libraries
together, you'll merge the sections together. As they must be stored
with a page granularity (4k) you'll earn 2k by merged library on
average, plus less time spent in ld.so for resolving inter-library
dependencies (and yet another memory win). If you separate that into
different .so's you loose what you just won.

        Xav