Bastien Nocera wrote:

> I know quite a few that do, and I spent a lot of time adding the
> feature, and fixing it in Totem. I don't think that removing it would be
> a good idea, unless there is a way to recycle that feature into an
> application-specific state saving.

What would be wrong from a user standpoint with just having Totem save
its window position (either globally or per-movie I don't know) every
time I close the app, so anytime I reopen the app it comes back as it was.

Same for gedit - I think I'd like gedit to just remember window state
for all documents, per-document. I can't imagine ever "setting up gedit"
and then saving my desktop globally though, as XSMP supports.

For totem as music player, I can imagine having it in my default setup
on login to play music, but if totem just remembered its position and I
added it to autostart, that would be just as good as the XSMP approach.

Havoc