Travis Watkins wrote:
> On 9/12/06, Ed Mack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> A democracy arises because allowing everyone a say in running the
>> country is not feasible. We already have structures where everybody can
>> voice opinion, and if you think you can do something better you are free
>> to patch/fork anyone elses code (as a programming domain example).
>>

> Technically, a democracy is everyone having a say in running the
> country, you're thinking of a republic. I do agree that we don't need
> a "Sheriff" or any such thing. People need to stop asking for
> permission to do things and just start doing them. If someone doesn't
> like the work you're doing they then have to a) help you fix it, b)
> make something that works better, or c) live with it.

Ahem... Afraid of a sheriff? Why? (-;

There is no freedom without rules. Without rules there is anarchy,
chaos, nonexistence. Our visible universe is built around strict
physical laws, such as gravity. Only due to those laws we could enjoy
freedom: to walk, to run, to speak, to drink, to kiss (and not only to
kiss!), to eat, to read, etc.