Le jeudi 15 février 2007 à 18:33 +0000, Bastien Nocera a écrit :
> On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 19:29 +0100, Steve Frécinaux wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 18:13 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > > Heya,
> > >
> > > Now that GStreamer is tip-top at autodetection, I think we should remove
> > > the "gstreamer-properties" from the menus, and leave the binary
> > > installed as a debug tool.
> >
> > There is at least one case where it is useful (at least here): when you
> > use beryl or compiz. In that case, gstreamer picks "xvimagesink" by
> > default but it fails for everyone but totem (which manually falls back
> > on ximagesink).
> >
> > But I suppose that's gstreamer needing to be fixed :-)
>
> For everyone? I don't remember putting any specific code in Totem to
> deal with compiz/beryl. And apps that fail to work properly because Xv
> isn't available should be fixed...

Xv is available, but Totem fails to correctly refresh the colorkey
rectangle (or something like that: when you resize the window, the video
flashes briefly then turns back to black).

At least that's what I observed with compiz, beryl 0.1.* and beryl
0.2.0rc2 (radeon r300, xorg-xserver 1.1 and 1.2).

Note that Xine and Mplayer have no problem.

        Xav