I've just started a replacement for Tomboy. I think it (or another notes
program if there already is one) should replace Tomboy ASAP in the GNOME
desktop because Tomboy is poisoning GNOME distributions like Red Hat and
Ubuntu with it's Microsoft patented MONO dependency crap as you can read
about on
http://boycottnovell.com/2008/02/15/mono-contamination-in-ubuntu/

I've never written a program before so I also need some help. Also I need a
place to put it on the web.

I've already gotten it so you can type stuff in a text field, so it already
almost has all the functionality you need in a note taking program.

Thanks,

Mark Fink