Hi!
   First of all, thanks a millions to Behdad and Elijah for taking up
this task and congrats for managing to accomplish it so effectively.

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Jason D. Clinton <m...@jasonclinton.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 2:43 AM, Karl Lattimer <k...@qdh.org.uk> wrote:
>> I'd like to remind people of John Carr's recent blog post too, someone
>> mentioned in the survey results actually. JC has been working on bzr with
>> git protocol support, which would fulfil many of the requirements for having
>> a GNOME DVCS.
>>

> I'd like to point out that--of the 15 people who regularly use git and
> bzr--git still won.
> <http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/survey/first-picks-permutations.png> It
> seems to me that a lot of brain power, sysadmin time, and general
> proliferation of Things To Learn for New People(tm) can be saved if
> the six people (1.04% of respondents) who ranked bzr above git in that
> graph can just bite the bullet and admit that git won. Can we please
> just all move on?
>
> My fear is that this effort to keep bzr on life support will cause bzr
> to show up as a requirement in distcheck for modules maintained by
> people who are still holding out.

  So say we all (?) but now is the problem of who will do the move to
git? Last I checked, nobody except for Federico volunteered for that
and IIRC he is going to do this using his "spare time" which we all
know might not be enough for such a big task. I hope I am wrong about
this and we do have enough resources to do the move but in case I am
right, I think we should seriously consider John's idea.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124