On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 08:22 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> people must vote with their wallets. they must buy hardware with Linux
> support; and make other Linux users buy hardware with Linux support;
> and let vendors know that they bought or did not buy hardware because
> of the Linux support.

I fully agree, and I'm precisely waiting for that, but except if you buy
a laptop with Intel hardware (and you're an expert able to tell if it's
a psb or not), it's currently not possible. No desktop gfx card you can
buy (new) is usable in 3D with OSS drivers, and none will be in 2009.
Maybe next year, maybe.

        Xav