On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Maciej Piechotka <uzytkown...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm sorry if I sound accusing of something. I wanted to point out what I
> found to be biggest limitation of writing extensions to gnome-shell.
>
> I gave up very quickly due to time limitations - I had done none work at
> all (except displaying label "Hello World" on LHS of screen). At this
> moment I have way more projects then time not mentioning the 'real life
> obligations'.

Don't let the work go to waste!  :-)  Please document.  Completely
understand the real life obligations.

> Sorry for posting it but I wanted to point out the problems person
> unfamiliar with toolkit/platform finds on initial stages of extension
> development which seems to be crucial to 'get people writing extensions
> before the release'.

Nothing to apologize for.  It's good to know, please do comment on
gnome-shell though.

> PS. While I have my concerns regarding gnome-shell I find it easier to
> use after some time then classical Gnome - so I'm sorry if I'm
> over-critical.

That's great to hear..  I find it that way as well.  I don't think your
comments were particularly critical, the fact that you went through the
trouble of trying is great.
sri