Le lundi 07 novembre 2011, à 20:21 +0100, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) a écrit :
> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Vincent Untz <vu...@gnome.org> wrote:
> > Le dimanche 06 novembre 2011, à 17:06 +0100, Frederic Peters a écrit :
> >> + Boxes
> >>   https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointThree/Features/Boxes
> >>   → many commits, mclasen will push the developers to blog a progress
> >> report
> >>     once they have something to show
> >
> > While Boxes look interesting, to me, it feels like it's "just" an
> > application, and not a feature per se. And I'm not saying that in a
> > negative way :-)
>
>   You are correct in the sense that it is 'an' application and not 'a'
> feature. It is more like 2 essential features combined in one:
>
> 1. Remote display: It is very common to own/having to deal with
> multiple machines these days so many users really need ability to
> easily connect to remote machines (virtual and real).
>
> 2. Trying out OSs: Each time we release GNOME, I really want to try it
> out and I know many people who do. Same goes for distros but people
> usually try to avoid risks and therefore most people wait till the OS
> in question is stable enough. I have even seen people avoid trying out
> an OS just because they are too scared of it doing any harm to their
> computers. Users will definitely appreciate an easy and completely
> secure way to try out OSs.
>
>    I think these features are very essential and therefore should be
> available in every GNOME installation out of the box.

They are very essential to some users, but not to most users.

Don't get me wrong, I'll most probably be one big (hopefully happy ;-))
user of Boxes. I just don't think that considering it as a feature is
the right way to integrate it in our development process.

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.