On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 16:27 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
> We are not diverging (and we won't diverge) from our development workflow,
> I agree with you that leaving pull requests open can take in some confusion
> and we'll be trying to address that by adding the relevant wiki page [1] on
> the description of each of the repositories hosted on the mirror so that
> people are aware of that.

As GitHub extracts and renders the README file below the repository file
browser, such information could be easily exposed on GitHub.

On a general note, GNOME is not the first FLOSS project discussing a
GitHub mirror, so there might be evaluations out there already.
I know I'm a few hours and dozens of emails too late, anyway:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/Gerrit_evaluation#GitHub
https://blog.mozilla.org/labs/2010/08/contribute-to-labs-projects-on-github/

andre
--