On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 01:46:27PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 12:22 +0000, Debarshi Ray wrote:
>>
>> - https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointEleven/Features/WindowLiveMail
>>
>> In short, you would be able to ... use your Windows Live (outlook.com,
>> live.com, hotmail.com) email from Evolution.
>
> Shouldn't we be using EWS for at least some of those, rather than
> IMAP+SMTP?

If you look at
http://blogs.office.com/b/microsoft-outlook/archive/2013/09/12/outlook-com-now-with-imap.aspx
(which is linked from the feature page), then the other alternative is
EAS or Exchange ActiveSync [1] not EWS.

Whether we will use IMAP/SMTP or ActiveSync is something that I will leave
to the Evolution folks.

Cheers,
Debarshi

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchange_ActiveSync

--
Wearing non-prescription glasses and embracing obscurity doesn't
necessarily make you a hipster.  -- Anonymous