Hi there,

Quoting Michael Catanzaro (2015-11-07 16:19:12)
> Sometimes Carlos solves bugs as fast as I can complain about them. ;)
>
> On Sat, 2015-11-07 at 10:16 +0100, Carlos Garcia Campos wrote:
> > As long as the browser plugin solution work, I think the best (and
> > easiest) approach would be to make extensions a pre-installed
> > epiphany
> > web app.
>
> Hm, not a bad idea; it's certainly much easier than the solutions that
> have been proposed so far. I see two minor problems only:
>
> * We have to make it possible to allow some NPAPI plugins to run in
> Wayland, while intelligently keeping disabled anything that tries to
> use X.

If the “Extensions” application is gonna be a pre-installed Epiphany
application, it could as well be an application that uses WebKitGTK+
to embed a web view *and* provides endpoints which the extensions site
can use, via the user script message handlers API:

http://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkit2gtk/unstable/WebKitUserContentManager.html#webkit-user-content-manager-register-script-message-handler

This way, the NPAPI plug-in would be unneed. And that would work for
Wayland (or any other non-X11 backend, for the matter).

Cheers,

--
 ⌨ Adrian