I actually was thinking about putting the intermediate build state
inside `$XDG_CACHE_HOME/jhbuild/build` by default, like we put the
downloaded tarballs in `$XDG_CACHE_HOME/jhbuild/downloads` by default.

I can check if `$HOME/jhbuild` exists, and put a `build` directory under there.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

https://www.bassi.io
[@] ebassi [@gmail.com]