On Sat, 2017-08-12 at 15:40 -0500, mcatanz...@gnome.org wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> I'm still struggling to get buildable release modulesets for
> 3.25.90.
> As you know, tarballs for that release were due Monday and the
> release
> was due Wednesday, but it's Saturday now and I haven't delivered it
> yet. Normally I spend about one day working on a release and it's not
> big deal, but this time around there have been such a huge number of
> failures that it's taken all week. I can't understate how much worse
> this release has been than any I've ever worked on before.

What usually happened in the past was that the older version was used
when such a problem happened, which would hopefully have streamlined
the process somewhat ("I used this old version because that new
one...).

Quite a bit of time was also spent on e-mailing maintainers (myself
included) that didn't make releases after porting to projects to Meson
but changing jhbuild modulesets. I really think that somebody needs to
spend the time finding and implementing a solution for this problem.

Cheers