Our migration is going faster that I have planned. We reached our second
milestone today, the most core-ish platform-ish modules asked for a
migration and are now migrated. So allow me to do two claps 👏👏

*Projects migrated today*

- gtk <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk> (no bugs yet)
- glib <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib> (no bugs yet)
- gobject-introspection
<https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gobject-introspection>
- gnome-control-center <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center>
(no bugs yet)
- gnome-settings-daemon
<https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-settings-daemon> (no bugs yet)
- gxml <https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gxml>

** for those without bug migrations yet, consult their respective
maintainers for more info on their plans.*

*General comments for maintainers*For those maintainers that migrated
switch the permissions of the master branch to "masters and developers" in
"settings → general → repository → protected branches → master", since
there is no API for that I cannot do it when migrating, but we want to
allow all developers to be able to push to the master branch.

For those that want to migrate, remember to have your doap files updated
since only maintainers will be able to change settings in the project.

*Tips- Modifying multiple MR and issues at the same time: *In the issues or
MR view, click the "edit issues/MR" button on the top right and select the
issues/MR you want to batch modify. You can apply labels, close them,
subscribe to them, etc.

*- Automatically make discussions resolved when the same line is updated:*
"Settings→General → Merge request settings → Automatically resolve merge
request diff discussions when they become outdated". This is something that
probably

* most of you want.- Show more code context in a review: *In a diff, click
the three dots on the corners. Example shown in this pic (with my
above-average GIMP skills):

*​*

*Question of the week*GitLab support issues templates, some text in
markdown that will be shown for reporters when creating a new issue.
Multiple issues template are supported, reporters can select them in a
dropdown. The question is,

* what issue template should we use for when reporters create an issue?*Ideally
we would have a common template and maintainers will tweak it if necessary
for their projects. Please comment on the issue
<https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/GitLab/issues/20> your ideas an
thoughts, there is currently no proposal.

Enjoy and welcome to 2018.