Hi everyone,

We've been talking for a while about removing app menus, and the
designs have now matured to the point where we can propose a concrete
plan. Specifics can be found on the GNOME goal page:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/GnomeGoals/AppMenuRetirement

Those of us on the design side are interested to hear what people
think of this, particularly if there are any apps out there that might
have issues following the guidelines.

The initial proposal is to try and complete this goal within the next
development cycle (3.31.x), so there is no immediate development
action required. (Of course, if people think that we could complete it
for 3.30, that would be great!)

Thanks,

Allan