Le mardi 11 décembre 2018 à 14:22 +0100, Carlos Soriano a écrit :
> Hey,
> It has been a few months since we moved to GitLab. Apart of spurious issues,
> specific annoyances and frustrations, seems it has been generally good. I
> would like to gather some general feeling about it. Things that really made a
> constant impact to you and your work, both bad or good. Feel free to provide
> feedback about the transition or the administration of GitLab instance too.
> Free form.
>
> Please keep the mail chain one way from you towards the world, so we don't
> get trapped on specifics, we can address stuff raised here individually out
> of list. Personally, I'll ping you on IRC or so if I can do something to help.
>
> Of course, feel free to msg me directly on IRC/email too.

1. No Cross-Project CI supportIt's a bit off topic, as GStreamer is on FDO now.
But the one thing that had hit was how complex the CI deployment across
multiple projects (repository is). We really miss the pipeline aggregation on
trigger that exist in the EE version. The side effect, builds are scattered
across all repo, instead of being centrealized on the specific build system
repo (in our case cerbero and gst-build). So looking over all builds is near
impossible. The caches are always cold, because the build is too scattered.
So all in all, what I really miss is that ability to trigger another project
(repository) pipeline and gain an aggregated pipeline. With Jenkins, it fully
centralized, hence much simplier, but still, now we can per commit CI, which is
great.
2. No multi-commit codec review workflow
Unlike github, there is no fluid way to navigate through each commits one by
one during the review. The stack of commit is also upside down for a review. I
generally endup opening commit in browser tabs, but that's not idea. Note that
this is probably not a regression from bugzilla, but I was surprise to find out
how inferior this is in gitlab in contrast to gihub.