On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 2:09 pm, Britt Yazel <bwya...@gnome.org> wrote:
I have had horrible experiences with Matrix/Riot.im. I'm not sure which of those is due to the IRC bridge or which is due to Matrix itself, or which is due to the clients, but I really shouldn't 'have' to know the chat system at that level. My experience has been awful.

Here is my suggestion: fellow Matrix proponents, let's turn off the IRC bridge ASAP. All we've accomplished by running the IRC bridge is convincing GNOME devs that Matrix is awful. I'm pretty sure that all of this negative feedback is about the IRC bridge.

(We also need to fix the fractal bug that causes it to create private rooms set to allow participants to view only messages sent after they have joined the room. I guess fractal is sending the wrong permissions enum value when creating rooms, or something similar to that.)