On Wed, 2020-02-19 at 14:50 +0100, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For historical reasons™ all GitLab runners were running with
> privileged
> mode enabled. The happy side effect of this fact is that nothing
> special
> was ever needed to run Docker or flatpak builds. It also means we
> were
> extremely lucky that no one abused CAP_SYS_ADMIN and other elevated
> privileges for bad things.
>
> For past few days I've been working to ensure that Flatpak builds are
> still functional without additional privileges. If your project is
> using
> citemplates[1], the configuration change should be invisible to your
> pipelines and you can keep on doing awesome GNOME work. However, if
> you
> have modified default steps via 'extends' keyword (or by defining
> them
> completely manually), please make sure that:

It seems like this isn't quite working as it should. This MR is porting
sound-juicer to meson:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/sound-juicer/-/merge_requests/6

It uses the flatpak_ci_initiative.yml template and throws this error:
 bwrap: Creating new namespace failed, likely because the kernel does
not support user namespaces.  bwrap must be installed setuid on such
systems.