Hi Felix,

I've noticed that a while ago as well, but I was certain it wasn't caused by
the recent changes cause we had extensively
test them.

Today I found some time to track down the issue and looks like its a regression
on gitlab itself, probably on the latest update.

The issue is that the template now uses the default .pre and .post stages to
avoid over witting/forcing projects on a specific stages schema. This seems to
have been working fine, till roughly 2 weeks ago. [1]

Some projects that define more jobs and naturally their custom stages, such as
epiphany, had pipelines working the whole time.

Briefly looking at gitlab, I've found this [2] bug report, but there's probably
an older one I suspect.

I think we can try to workaround this in our template, and I will try rolling
something out tomorrow. Will most likely move back the current jobs back to
[build, deploy] stages which hopefully every project has already. This does
have the potential to break some CI configurations and if so please do ping me
on irc (or rocket chat) or reply to this email.

I am sorry for the unfortunate timing and for not looking at it sooner.
Hopefully this will be resolved soon™️

Cheers,
Jordan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-builder/pipelines/154333