Public bug reported:

If "Desktop" and "Download" folders are set to the same path, Nautilus
will display this folder twice in the "Computer" section on the sidebar.

To reproduce the bug:

1) Open "~/.config/user-dirs.dirs" and set the same path for "Desktop"
and "Download":

XDG_DESKTOP_DIR="$HOME/Bureau"
XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/Bureau"

2) Kill Nautilus and open it again.

3) Make sure the sidebar and "Places" are displayed on "Display >
Sidebar".

Actual result: "Bureau" is displayed twice on the "Computer" section.
See the attached screenshot.

Expected result: see only one link to "Bureau".

More information: if we comment the "Download" folder on "~/.config
/user-dirs.dirs":

XDG_DESKTOP_DIR="$HOME/Bureau"
#XDG_DOWNLOAD_DIR="$HOME/Bureau"

then kill Nautilus and open it again, only one link to "Bureau" is
displayed.

My config:

- Nautilus 3.1.4
- Ubuntu 11.10 Alpha 3