There's still no menus present at the top of the Gedit window for
3.4.0-0ubuntu1 for powerpc

Packages, which is subscribed to glib2.0 in Ubuntu.

  gresource is broken on powerpc

Status in The "G" Library - GLib:
  New
Status in “glib2.0” package in Ubuntu:

  I don't have a global menu when running gedit.  I can get a normal
  menu to display when I right-click inside the gedit window (Undo,
  redo, cut, copy, etc) , but that doesn't have crucial menu items like
  save, save as, open etc .

  It is simlar to a problem I have with nautilus
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/945097 .

  Package: gedit 3.3.8-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-19.30-powerpc-smp 3.2.11
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-19-powerpc-smp ppc
  ApportVersion: 1.94.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: powerpc
  Date: Wed Mar 21 18:54:10 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Alpha powerpc
(20120321)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
   TERM=xterm