Comment on attachment 551136
don't close compose window w/ send in background if last open window

Review of attachment 551136:

::: mail/components/compose/content/MsgComposeCommands.js
@@ +2232,5 @@
>                .getBoolPref("mailnews.sendInBackground");
> +  if (sendInBackground && !Application.platformIsMac) {
> +    let windowMediator =
> +      Components.classes["@mozilla.org/appshell/window-mediator;1"]
> +          .getService(Components.interfaces.nsIWindowMediator);

You can just use Services.wm

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Sending window distracting and interrupts flow

Status in Mozilla Thunderbird Mail and News:
  Confirmed
Status in “thunderbird” package in Ubuntu:

  When sending an email in Thunderbird a small dialog box appears to say
  the message is being sent and this affects the flow of interacting
  with your email. In almost every case I move the focus away from that
  window and go to my INBOX.

  My recommendation would for the window to not show and to show this
  information in the status bar (similar to how it works in Evolution).

  Package: thunderbird 5.0+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu5
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-5.6-generic 3.0.0-rc7
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-5-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Thu Jul 14 14:59:20 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Alpha i386 (20110202)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: thunderbird
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2011-07-13 (1 days ago)