   "Restart" and "Shut Down" don't work if anyone else is logged in

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Unable to restart or shutdown from lightdm login screen is 'switch
  user' is selected from lock screen

Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:

  Firstly apologies if this is in the wrong place, or just me being
  stupid!

  I cannot restart or shutdown my computer from the LightDM login
  screen, this problem occurs if I go through the following steps:

      Lock the screen either through inactivity or selecting "lock screen"
      At the password entry screen select "Switch User"
      Click the power symbol at the top right of the LightDM login screen and
select "restart" or "shutdown"

  When I do this nothing happens, the computer does not restart or
  shutdown and neither is there any error messages. Both functions work
  from a reboot of the system at the initial LightDM login screen,
  however if I log into a session and let the screen lock, then select
  'switch user', neither function works.

  I am using Ubuntu 11.10

  Package: lightdm 1.0.6-0ubuntu1.2
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4