Public bug reported:

Have recently noticed this - editing genre tags in Rhythmbox seems to work, but
the tags revert to their previous state after a full close & reopen. Example
changes:
rock > Rock
Alternativ > Alternative Rock

I tried the 'rock' switch through a fictional intermediary genre ('Mangy
Balls') in case the upper/lower case R was causing the problem.

Any ideas? Haven't extensively looked into this yet (e.g. does it work
for all artists, does it happen with other tag fields) but i wonder if
it's the kind of thing that others might be experiencing but you'd not
think to look for, simply assuming that the changes had been permanently
saved.

Cheers

Simon

p.s. don't have full tech spec on me, but essentially: latest rhythmbox
& ubuntu version.

** Affects: rhythmbox (Ubuntu)

** Tags: genre tag tagging

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  Changes / edits to genre tags not saved on restart

Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu: